nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Friday, November 23

Lush Ultra Bland Cleanser Review



I can't say I had a real fondness for Lush,  in fact, I have only ever been in the store once before and that experience only lasted about ten seconds. It was the smell, it just invades your senses (as well as the horde of customers); but when one of my favourite skincare gurus raved about this on one of her YouTube videos I decided I would give this one a go.
 
The texture of this cleanser is incredibly thick, and feels like your lathering oil onto your face, but as the Lush lady demonstrated in store with a swatch of lipstick (at least I think that's what it was) is that oil digs deep into the pores, and the right oils lift dirt and cleanse without clogging them. While she was explaining this to me I checked the ingredients on the back: Almond oil, beeswax, honey, olive oil… and I just remember thinking how in the world this was going to fair on my oily, acne prone skin. So yeah, I did freak out a little, but my skin had been looking quite grotty and dull recently and I was desperate to find something a little more solid that wouldn't strip my skin. 

I was pleasantly surprised by how much this cleanser improved my skin overnight. The next morning it looked brighter, cleaner, and felt incredibly soft and moisturised. On top of that, existing acne was greatly reduced.  So I will admit, I have a new found respect for Lush and cannot wait to get back in there and buy up some of their toners and moisturisers. 

I'm going to be so broke this Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. I have oily skin too so I would freak out putting this on my skin as well. I'm glad it worked, I might have a look at it the next time I go past Lush.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this stuff so much right now, I've already gone back to buy another tub XD let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. oh would love to try this ! I will pick this up on my next trip to lush

    Liyana ♥
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete