nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Saturday, November 15

A Whole Lot of Empties 02


Yup, it's that time of the year again: spring cleaning time. I can't believe I've held onto all these empty bottles for so long. It just goes to show how long it takes me to get through some of these products. Anyway, the sooner I get into this, the sooner I can put all this in the rubbish bin.

Skincare


Goodbye, my love. Well, not for long. My fourth bottle is already on the way. Yeah, I really love this product. This really helps balance, brighten, and clear up my skin.

This is another amazing product I am sad to see go. I was so surprised by this serum, the price, the brand, the name, I definitely didn't expect it to work miracles on my skin, but it did.

Garnier 2 in 1 Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
This is a really great, affordable eye make up remover. There isn't much to say about it, it does its job. It will easily remove thick or waterproof eyemakeup and its super cheap. I'm already onto my second bottle.

Laneige Sun Block Aqua SPF 35++
I really wanted to like this sunscreen. The formula is light and watery, it absorbs super fast, doesn't leave a white cast, it smells nice, and the packaging is really sleek. Unfortunately, it was a bit too greasy for my face, so i found myself using it more on my body. I got my money's worth and used it up to the last drop, but my search continues for facial sunscreen.
In my opinion, this is the best exfoliator of all time. It's done my skin so much good. This is my second bottle, and I will buy this again in a heartbeat.

I actually really liked this product. It was really moisturising but it didn't feel heavy on my skin, it also had the extra SPF15 which is nice, but it really was the scent that put me off. It smells like dish washing detergent. Also, there was no ingredients list on the packaging.

Laneige Hydra Eye Cream
Another great product from Lanaeige, but more suitable for dryer skin.

Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Cream
This was a great moisturiser, although I felt like the Whitening ampoule was more effective in brightening, combining the two worked wonders for my skin. I also really love the jar.

Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask
I was so upset when this ran out. One of my favourite clay masks of all time, I found it was really affective at minimising blackheads and tightening pores. It made a huge difference to my acne and I think I will always go back to this because it's so affordable as well.

Sukin Rosehip Oil
I love rose-hip oil, I've moved back to Trilogy since, but Sukin was definitely a great, cheaper alternative.

Botani Rescue Acne Cream
 Shouldn't it be acne rescue cream? Not rescue acne cream? No one wants to rescue their acne, they want to rescue their skin from the acne. Anyway, if you're after a natural spot killer, this is a pretty good one. It's quite horrifying when you first use it though. It's not a clear solution, it's a thick, smelly, gunky cream that you concentrate on yours spots in the evening. The only downside is that you can only use this at night. It's the equivalent of applying green toothpaste on your face. It also flakes, so if you don't compulsively sleep on your back you probably won't appreciate scraping the gunk off your pillow every morning.


Makeup


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
A highly raved product that I really wanted to love, but unfortunately it just didn't suit my oily skin. I loved how it looked for the first 30 to 60 minutes but it just seemed to melt away after that, leaving my skin looking blotchy. I don't know why, but I find it so hard to hate on this product. It smells so nice, and it's such a pleasure to apply, and it looks so good…for the first 30 minutes. What is absolutely bizarre is that I really want to buy another one. I kept saying to myself, maybe today is the day it will work for me? I'm in denial.

Amazing mascara. I'm not usually one for clumpy, gluggy looking lashes, but I really liked this. It made my lashes look so much longer, thicker and more volumised. It also smells really good.

I'm on the fence with this mascara. I really loved it for a time, but since it's run out I've completely forgotten about it, which tells me I probably wont buy it again. It's good, but I like branching out when it comes to mascara. Maybe's it's because I just haven't found 'the one' yet?

L'oreal Volume Million Lashes (Waterproof)
Not bad, not bad at all. It dried up very quickly though. It defined the lashes nicely but didn't really give me any extra 'oomph' or volume that I was looking for. I couldn't help but feel quite bare when I used this, a problem I find with many waterproof mascaras.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
I don't really have much to say about this primer. It's a primer. Would I buy it again? Probably not, there's nothing really special or unique about it, and I think it's ridiculously overpriced for what it is. Since, I've found a far cheaper alternative that looks and feels exactly the same. It's by NYX and you can get it from Target for $10.


Haircare


One of my favourite dry shampoo's. Scent it great but it is strong and be overwhelming at times. Also, for the amount of product you get, it's quite expensive.

You get what you pay for with this dry shampoo. Surprisingly, not the worst I have ever tried though. The Tresseme dry foam took the cake for that title, but this one came pretty close. The tint stained my fingers and forehead, and made my hair look and feel even greasier. The scent is the only good thing about it. It smells nice.

Nail Stuff


The Faceshop Quick Sponge Nail Remover & Innisfree Sponge Nail Remover
I love these nail sponges. They make fixing and painting your nails so much easier for us lazy girls who like to multitask at the computer or on our phones. There's not much so say about these two brands, they both get the job done, and that is that.

4 comments:

  1. I love Cure's Natural Aqua Gel too~ ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same feels about Bourjois Healthy Mix! Even with my combo skin, I find myself getting really greasy, and it just transferring all over the place! So unfortunate since I love the finish. You should try Bourjois Happy Light foundation! It has a similar coverage and finish, if slightly more matte/ a satin finish, but it lasts really well on my skin.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Happy Light in store actually, and found the lightest shade 51 too dark for me! I have read that there is a shade 50, but I may have to do some searching online. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete