nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Thursday, May 9

| 20 Days of Liz Earle | Collective Skincare Review

A few months ago my Liz Earle skincare package finally arrived, and I immediately began to use the products and document my experience with them each day for 20 days. I had heard and read so many great reviews about their products so I did have high expectations, but for now, here’s a breakdown of my thoughts on each product:

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
A very gentle and moisturising cream cleanser with rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter and essential eucalyptus oil, that you’re supposed to wipe away with some warm water and a muslin cloth that's provided. It’s a gentle cleanser up to the point until you use the cloths, which are great, but for someone with oily, acne prone skin sometimes too much rubbing or exfoliating will just irritate spots even more.




Instant Boost Skin Tonic
This toner claims to revitalise, soothe and tone the skin for instant radiance. It definitely removes any excess makeup or dirt that is left behind, but as far as the rest goes, I couldn't tell. But in a way I don’t really care because it smells amazing (and also looks good on the bathroom counter). It’s definitely a nice toner, it’s soothing, and it doesn't strip or dry out the skin. The packaging is really nifty as well, you twist the top and it elevates a little pump hole so it’s easy to dispense onto a cotton pad or your hands.



Skin Repair Light Moisturiser
Ah, yes the moisturiser, which is supposed to be 'light, gentle and balancing' enough for combination to oily skin. For me it wasn't light or balancing at all. My face quickly became very oily and I soon started to break out; but as soon as I omitted this product and replaced it with my old moisturiser my skin went back to its former state, which was a lot better than what it had become unfortunately. Luckily I bought a sample size!



Gentle Face Exfoliator
This is probably my favourite out of the four. I don’t like exfoliators with beads that are too harsh on the skin, but I also don’t like cream or gel exfoliators because it feels like they’re not doing enough. This one is the perfect balance between the two for me. It’s a creamy mixture of eucalyptus and cocoa butter but it also contains some very fine jojoba beads that aren't too harsh and buff away dead skin cells leaving behind smooth and bright skin.



Ordering From Liz Earle.com

Although buying off ebay was very tempting, I ended up ordering from LizEarle.com in the end. It was probably the most expensive shipping I had ever paid.Seriously, $25 for standard shipping to Australia? I know its Australia but for $25 you expect express next day delivery. Not only was it more expensive it was also slower, and took four weeks to arrive.

The Verdict

I’m not going to lie; it was a very frustrating 20 days for me. By day 5 my skin felt and looked absolutely crap. I told myself it was just my skin getting used to the new products, but two weeks later my skin was still dull, tired and congested. Soooo much congestion. There were headless lumps all over my cheeks and forehead, something I wanted to get rid of not produce more of! Gah!

By the end of it all I ended up dropping the moisturiser completely, and only started using the cleanser once a day in the evening. I still use the muslin cloths, but only for removing face masks. I probably won’t ever go back for the moisturiser or cleanser, but the toner and the exfoliator on the other hand, I would repurchase until the end of time if I could. I just wish shipping wasn't so expensive...(hello, ebay!).

Anyone else tried Liz Earle products? What do you like about them?



5 comments:

  1. I've never tried Liz Earle before, but I've certainly heard loads about it!

    I like the sound of the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser the best, but I don't think it would suit my skin well, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, it's not a bad cleanser at all but it's almost too moisturizing for me to use twice a day, plus it doesn't really combat acne, which is something I really need in a cleanser.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this brand before, and now I probably never will. Sorry they didn't work out for you. That's always the tricky part of trying new skincare products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it sad that I don't regret the purchase so much because the packaging looks really nice? XD

      Delete