nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Tuesday, July 30

Elizabeth Arden 8hr Intensive Daily Moisturizer Review

Eight Hour Cream: Intensive Daily Moisturizer for Face
Now that winter has finally arrived, I’ve noticed a huge change in my skin. I was horrified when I passed the mirror at work and noticed all these dry, flaky patches along my cheeks and around my nose. Usually my skin is oily all year round, but has decided to settle into the dry/combination side of the spectrum. So for the first time, I decided to invest in a ‘richer’ moisturiser for the winter.

The texture is whipped, light to touch, and spreads like butter when you apply it to your skin. A little goes a long way, which is nice considering its only 50mls. My skin feels incredibly smooth and soft after I apply this, it’s amazing, and my skin stays hydrated all day. It also contains SPF 15 PA ++, which is an added bonus, and makes it my go-to daily moisturiser. The only negative thing I have to say about this product is the smell. For a high end moisturiser you would think the production company would come up with something that doesn't completely assault the senses. It smells like lemon scented dish washing detergent, and not the nice expensive detergent either. I’m talking bottom of the line, cheap branded detergent. It’s a huge turn off for me, because it makes me wonder what the hell they've put into this.

Aside from the smell, it does a really great job at keeping my skin hydrated throughout the day. I have no longer noticed any dry patches or flakiness on my face. Above all, even though it’s one of the thickest moisturiser’s I've ever used, it hasn't broken me out! I didn't exactly have high expectations when I decided to fork out $50 on this, but I've been pleasantly surprised by this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment