nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Saturday, September 28

Etude House's Precious Mineral BB Cream Review



Over the last two years I have tried six BB creams , and this is the best one I've tried so far. The texture of the cream itself is very smooth. It spreads like butter over the skin and is really easy to blend out. Event though I feel it has quite a light coverage it's the most buildable BB cream I've tried. I apply around two to three layers and it doesn't look cakey at all and gives the skin a really lovely dewy glow. The finish definitely reminds me of Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation. I've found it's also really great for covering acne scars and blemishes, because it doesn't accentuate any dry patches or flakey skin. And because it's so buildable my acne scars and blemishes become barely noticeable.

Precious Mineral BB Cream in no.02
It's very moisturising , even though it doesn't make me feel disgustingly oily, I find I need to powder up on a long day. It was great during the cooler seasons, and I highly recommend this for those with dry skin, but I would steer clear  if you have oily skin. Now that its starting to heat up here my skin is reverting back to being oily, and I've found this BB cream just doesn't look or feel the same anymore. ;__; (super sad face). It also contains SPF 30 PA++ which is very nice, but if you're not very sun crazy like me, you'll probably still apply some form of sunscreen before hand. Finally, the scent. Just from the cute packaging alone I expected something light and florally  but instead was greeted with some off smelling sunscreen or something. It's kind of hard to describe, but thankfully it doesn't linger.

Aside from the scent and my oily skin this is a great BB cream and I'm already considering it as my favourite so far. It's also very affordable, usually pricing at around $15-20 depending on where you shop. I bought mine online from Yes Style on sale for $14 (woo!). It's a shame I have to wait six months to be able to use it again but I guess this gives me time to try out and finish off my other BB creams (there's so many…). Lioele's Beyond the Solution is next in line!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the formula of most of the Etude House BB creams. Sadly, they don't match my skin tone. T_T I think you'll like Beyond the Solution. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame it doesn't match! I do find no.2 slightly ashy to be honest. Loving Lioele's so far! The shade definitely compliments us pale-ys a lot better.

      Delete