nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Tuesday, April 1

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers

apocalips celestial solstice
From the left: #101 Celestial & #201 Solstice
So I might be a little late on this bandwagon, but in my defence it has taken a while for these to be released in Australia. When they were finally  released they didn't even have the shades I wanted (#foreveraustralian)! But I did end up purchasing these two: Solstice and Celestial. Solstice is a light purple shade and contains a hint of shimmer in it. Celestial, on the other hand, which is a lighter pink, has no shimmer. Solstice is my favourite out of the two, (why do I always deviate towards the darker shades?) I love the colour and the slight shimmer it gives.

apocalips celestial solstice swatch

The formulation itself is what you would expect from a lacquer. They will slip and slide all over the place if you're not careful, and need to be touched up frequently. However, they do pack in a lot of pigmentation, and have a beautiful high-shine finish. For me, it's the finish that nullifies the other drawbacks.

Have you tried the Apocalips? What are your thoughts on lip lacquers?

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Solstice, it's my go to lippy!! Celestial is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Sarah! Solstice has been my go to lippy too, I think I've worn it like everyday for the last two weeks.

      Delete
  2. I've tried these but in a different shade and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned that actually, there's like 11 shades available.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of Celestial, very pretty rosy pink. I've heard mixed reviews on these, but since I'm not that much of a gloss girl I passed on them. Glad to hear you think the high gloss finish of these makes up for any other shortcomings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not one for glosses either, I think this is an anomaly for me. They're so cheap, I can't really complain haha.

      Delete